Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jon's 28th Birthday!!

Right when the boys woke up this morning, Jacob called and left a message on Jon's phone, singing him Happy Birthday! Jacob did amazing and sang all by himself, then Ian chimed in with a little number at the end. It was adorable and I couldn't have been more proud!!
Later on Jacob and I decorated the place for Jon's birthday this morning while Jon was at work and Ian was napping. We chalked up the sidewalk with lots of love and birthday wishes, made a poster for the front door, got some fun balloons and a cool birthday hat at the dollar store, and waited impatiently for Jon to get home from work! I made some crock pot jambalaya for Jon's dinner, he's been in love with it ever since he tried some in Portland. It turned out really good and I was impressed, there will be changes for next time, but it was pretty good. Jacob and I went to DQ to pick out a cake for Jon once he got home to stay with Ian. Jacob picked out the "purple cake with bawoons".
We started the celebration off with birthday kisses, presents, and cake. Jacob, Ian, and I got Jon a new wallet (he had the same wallet before I even knew him and it was trashed, falling apart everywhere), a new shirt, I made a candy gram, and the boys picked out dollar store gifts; a ball and a bat and some chocolate candy bars.

Birthday kisses from Ian.

Birthday kisses from Jacob.

Blowing out the candles!

Jon's candy gram. I made this and put it on top of a container with the candy inside, much easier to hide this gift this way!

Awesome ice cream cake!

Jacob helping Jon open presents.

I was originally taking a picture of the cake and after looking I fell in love with this
picture!! I love that he's laughing, because at the time, Jacob was making him laugh
so hard, I'm so glad I caught this.

Making a wish! Whenever Jacob sings Happy Birthday now, afterwards he yells, "MAKE
A WISH!!" Jon was thinking really hard on this one.

According to Jacob, Jon was taking to long to make a wish, so Jacob was yelling at him, "MAKE A WISH DAD!!!!" It was so funny.

No comments: