Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sunday Drive

Family photo... with Jacob trying to stab me with his killer thumbs.

On Sunday, Jon took us on a little drive (about 25 miles). He surprised us with a beautiful waterfall!! It was only about 20 minutes away, and the name escapes me right now, I'll edit it back on here after I ask Jon for the tenth time. It was beautiful and the sound was so amazing. There were only two other people there. It's totally hidden away from everything, and it's a miracle because you drive through all of this sagebrush and dirt along a windy dirt road and BAM! In the middle of nowhere is this amazing waterfall. On the way back, we went the detour way, and again... in the middle of NOWHERE, seriously, I didn't even know what town we were in, was the tin man! I made Jon pull up closer to him so I could take his picture. It was so awesome.

7 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

Fun!! I think those falls are called Summer Falls. We went there a every now and then when we were little when my dad took us. So pretty!

Ty Robbins said...

I've been really wanting to visit the falls. I believe you're right Stacey. I think they are the Summer Falls. We'll have to make a trip up there soon.

The Gang said...

Ummm...I need directions! Looks like a great family things to do. And by the sounds of it every family has gone but ours! :)

Carolyn said...

Summer Falls. Never been there, just heard of them. And, I don't even know if those are the ones. But, FUN! And, that tin man is totally awesome.

Lulubelle said...

What??! Waterfalls near Moses Lake? No way... Not only have I never been there, I've never even heard of these mysterious Summer Falls... Awesome!

Lulubelle said...

Okay, so I just asked Mr.Duvall why he never took me there and his answer was "Because they're dry! And I got a tick there once..."

Sheesh.

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

It is Summer Falls! Good job!